Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Room of Many Colors

You've all heard the Dolly Parton song a Coat of Many Colors? Well my Mom is painting a room of many colors! She has a good sized room in the basement and we have decided to make it into a kids play room, that is since the all the kids have moved out, again! The room originally belonged to me the to my sisters but lately was my little sisters, Laura's room and so it was painted pink. After its last tenants moved out, the room needed a slight makeover, so begins the painting! Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE to paint, I really do!  But my mom has enlisted the help of her grandchildren while I'm at work. Yesterday was my first venture into the room to help paint. So get this picture in your head, we have an old cement bench foundation to work with so the benchh top is dark brown, the lower wall is light blue with a thick base board at the bottom. the top wall is mostly pink, one section is a different blueish green. There is an open closet area that has been painted a light brown. The floor is the next project I believe.  We are going to paint a hopscotch and a checker board on the floor. All of this was done with paint either me or my mom already had, which is why so many colors were used! After it is all done I will post pictures, it does have a cement floor so lots of pillows are in order! Can you imagine having a room like this when you were a kid? It has a book shelf and a TV in one corner. We will have to do something creative on the door! Everytime we go down to paint, Oakley sings while she plays with the little kitchen set, she must love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment