Sunday, July 17, 2011

Things I miss....

I've been on my own for almost a year now and I've realized that after a 12 yr marriage there are a few things I miss....or don't!

I would say that I miss being with someone, but someone is with me every waking minute of the day. She is 3, has blonde hair and her name is Miss Oakley.

I would say that I miss the big house on the hill, but I think I prefer the little house I have now. Bonus! The "Devil" (AKA mother in law)  has never lived in the house I'm in now! Nope don't miss it!

I would say that I miss the kitchen, but I'm over the 40+ cupboards and 15+ drawers. WHere did we put the silverware? Nope don't miss that!

I would say that I miss the HUGE lawn, and its extensive flower beds, and the fruit trees that never bear any fruit, and the trees that drop pine cones that I had to pick up before every mowing. Nope don't miss it!

I would say that I miss an unexpected visitor at 6 am, walking into our house without knocking and asking why I was still in my pj's, wanting to eat our breakfast, when he had already eaten at his own house. Nope, don't miss that!

I would say that I miss the commute to work in the winter, getting stuck in the snow drifts, waiting for a pull out, sliding off the road into an empty canal, calling into work, cause I couldn't drive there. Nope I don't miss it!

So after some extensive though, trying to figure out what I DO miss? I have come up with something, the dishwasher.

1 comment: